To apply, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Accountant will be primarily responsible for performing consolidated reporting to our partner families, and will work on numerous other company reporting, accounting, and analysis functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate quarterly consolidated reporting for our partner families, including gathering investment statements and performance, capital call projections, and other financial analyses.
- Assist the team in streamlining and automating processes and procedures, including account openings, completion of subscription documents, new client checklists, and other ad hoc requests.
- Manage Legacy Knight MFO’s books utilizing Quickbooks, including reconciling bank accounts, reviewing invoices, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Assist in creation of new LLCs, LPs or other SPVs as investment vehicles as needed.
- Help maintain relationships with ultra-high net worth clients and prospects with the highest standards of customer service, communication, integrity, and responsiveness.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial reports and presentations for clients.
- Prepare financial analyses for various personal family office issues; including investments, debt management and insurance, cash flow forecasting and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Coordinate with fund administrators to ensure client statements, capital calls, and distributions are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure capital calls and distributions are contributed in the required time frame and received into the requested accounts.
- Partner with tax department/outside CPAs by providing data for tax return preparation.
- Partner with administrator and external auditors for fund financial statement audits.
- Partner with external auditors for surprise reviews/exams.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines and bank policies.
- Coordinate account opening for new clients/new investments.
- Assist in annual Form ADV filings with our CCO and outside compliance consultant, including calculating AUM, AUA, and AUS.
- Track and report on investment performance for client investments.
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy and collaborate effectively with company personnel.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- 2-3 years’ experience working in public accounting in the financial sector or previous experience in a family office preferred.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Finance or Accounting major required.
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong financial analytical skills and understanding of basic financial concepts.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the personal financial management business.
- Experience using Windows based software, including all Microsoft Office applications, and the
Other Essential Candidate Traits:
- Experience working with QuickBooks or similar accounting software utilized for bookkeeping
- Experience reading and analyzing investment portfolio statements
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, initiative, and ability to make decisions within guidelines
- Attention to detail must be a strength
- Willingness to learn, expand responsibility outside accounting duties
About Legacy Knight:
Legacy Knight is an independent, family and partner-owned Multi-Family Office providing exclusive investment access and tailored advisory services to ultra-high net-worth families and family offices. We foster a vibrant ecosystem among our partner families, team, and advisory board to generate best-in-class investment themes and empower our partner families to attain their desired financial legacy.