The Senior Accountant will be primarily responsible for performing consolidated reporting to our partner families, and will work on numerous other company reporting, accounting, and analysis functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate quarterly consolidated reporting for our partner families, including gathering investment statements and performance, capital call projections, and other financial analyses.
- Assist the team in streamlining and automating processes and procedures, including account openings, completion of subscription documents, new client checklists, and other ad hoc requests.
- Manage Legacy Knight MFO’s books utilizing Quickbooks, including reconciling bank accounts, reviewing invoices, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Assist in creation of new LLCs, LPs or other SPVs as investment vehicles as needed.
- Help maintain relationships with ultra-high net worth clients and prospects with the highest standards of customer service, communication, integrity, and responsiveness.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial reports and presentations for clients.
- Prepare financial analyses for various personal family office issues; including investments, debt management and insurance, cash flow forecasting and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Coordinate with fund administrators to ensure client statements, capital calls, and distributions are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure capital calls and distributions are contributed in the required time frame and received into the requested accounts.
- Partner with tax department/outside CPAs by providing data for tax return preparation.
- Partner with administrator and external auditors for fund financial statement audits.
- Partner with external auditors for surprise reviews/exams.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines and bank policies.
- Coordinate account opening for new clients/new investments.
- Assist in annual Form ADV filings with our CCO and outside compliance consultant, including calculating AUM, AUA, and AUS.
- Track and report on investment performance for client investments.
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy and collaborate effectively with company personnel.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- 1-3 years’ experience working in public accounting in the financial sector or previous experience in a family office preferred.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Finance or Accounting major required.
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with preparation of personal financial statements.
- Strong financial analytical skills and understanding of basic financial concepts.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the personal financial management business.
- Experience using Windows based software, including all Microsoft Office applications, and the Internet.
Other Essential Candidate Traits:
- Experience working with QuickBooks or similar accounting software utilized for bookkeeping
- Experience reading and analyzing investment portfolio statements
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, initiative, and ability to make decisions within guidelines
- Attention to detail must be a strength
- Willingness to learn, expand responsibility