Role: Real Estate Analyst (Dallas Office)
The Real Estate Analyst will directly support Legacy Knight’s Real Estate Fund II which focuses on build-for-rent investments. In addition to supporting the success of Fund II, the Real Estate Analyst role will gain broad exposure to all real estate product types working closely with the Director of Investments – Real Estate on initiatives to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns. The Analyst will be primarily responsible for underwriting, diligence, and supporting the structuring of new real estate investments and assisting in asset management of existing investments. The role is based in Dallas, Texas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and assist in the underwriting, financial modeling, diligence, and internal memo preparation for existing and potential real estate investments.
- Prepare various forms of presentation style formats for internal distributions via Harvesting memos, valuation approvals, and other materials for investment committee.
- Prepare financial analysis and tracking of operational performance of the existing portfolio to identify trends and opportunities.
- Work with partners to track portfolio operating results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Complete cash flow forecasts or other analysis as needed for strategic decision making concerning individual assets.
- Track market conditions and performance in relation to current portfolio performance
- Prepare Standard and ad hoc reports and presentations.
- Maintain current knowledge of the real estate industry by monitoring current financial publications, building personal contacts with outside research/industry professionals, and conducting ad hoc research as necessary.
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends.
- Provide analytical support to assist with asset management function of existing properties.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience working in real estate private equity, development, investment banking, or as a financial analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree in finance or real estate is a plus.
- Self-starter, highly focused with ability to work both independently and in a team setting to assist in the investment diligence and underwriting process.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative, intellectually curious and ability to think outside the box.
- Integrity and strong sense of ethics.
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and financial modeling capability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Experience in preparing memorandums and/or detailed valuation presentations
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong academic background – finance, real estate, accounting, or math background preferred.
- Must have advanced level MS Office Excel experience plus and advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Word.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the real estate private equity business.
About Legacy Knight:
Legacy Knight is an independent, family and partner-owned Multi-Family Office providing exclusive investment access and tailored advisory services to over 150 ultra-high net worth families and family offices.
We foster a vibrant ecosystem among our partner families, team, and advisory board to generate best-in-class investment themes and empower our partner families to attain their desired financial legacy.